Black Castor Oil (BCO)
It is a residual oil remained after distillation of castor oil derivatives. It is in methyl ester form. It has got applications in manufacturing of phenyl, alkyd resins, in metal working fluids, such as wheel drilling, in preparing motor varnish, in black paint, in anti – corrosive paints, in soap industry etc . It has got application where castor oil is used.it can replace castor oil in various applications.
Black castor oil of methyl ester of saturated and unsaturated natural fatty acid like stearic, oleic and linoleic acid. BCO is mainly used as machining oils due to good lubricating properties (oiliness, anti-wear properties). It finds a lot of applications in a large range of domains :
- Metal working fluids / Cutting oils (lubricity for anti-wear additive when sulfurized).
- Fat liquors for leather treatment.
- Concrete mold release agents (biodegradable, fluid oil, easy to emulsify).
- Grease and lubrication formulations.
- Anti-foaming agents.
- In preparing motor varnish, in black paint, in anti – corrosive paints, in soap industry etc.
- It has got application where castor oil is used.It can replace castor oil partially in various applications.