Methyl Undecylenate ( C12H22O2) : CAS no. 111-81-9
COMMON NAME : Methyl Ester of Undecylenic Acid, Undecylenic Acid Methyl Ester, Methyl 10-Undecenoate , Methyl undecenate , 10-Undecenoic acid methyl ester
Methyl Undecylenate is a linear ester with a terminal double bond, that can be used as a chemical intermediate in the synthesis of aromatic chemicals, of polymers or modified silicones.
It can also be used as such in formulations requiring its anti-odor properties. Methyl Undecylenate can be used as a precursor for undecylenic derivatives in cosmetics. It can also be used as an intermediate in the synthesis of flavors and fragrances, and also in the formulations for its anti-odor properties.
Methyl undecylenate is used as a chemical intermediate in the synthesis of organo-modified silicones for hair care preparations and sun care products.
|Synonyms||Methyl Ester of Undecylenic Acid, Methyl 9-Undecenoate|
|CAS||111 – 81 – 9|
CH2= CH(CH2)8C00 CH3
|Purity||99% min by GC|
|Appearance & Colour||Clear light Yellow Liquid|
|Odour||Light, Fatty – Green|
|B.P||248 Deg. C|
|Acid Value||5 max|
|Iodine Value||124 – 131|
|Saponification Value||280 – 285|
- As a precursor for undecylenic derivatives for cosmetics and personal cares
- As an intermediate in the synthesis of aromatic chemicals.
- Used as a starting material for derivatives used for their anti-fungal.
- Properties in personal care and pharma formulations
- Methyl Undecylenate is a raw-material for many important perfumery chemicals.
- Methyl Undecylenate is also used in metal working fluids and lubricants.
- Methyl Undecylenate can also be a raw material for several derivatives used in the personal care industry for its anti- fungal properties and detergency.Methyl undecylenate is used in the manufacture of synthetic insect pheromones.